Reaching Out to a Coach
- Student-athletes can reach out at any time, however, the coach cannot call you back, so make sure you call them back if they do not pick-up.
- There are NCAA recruiting rules that limit when college coaches can reach out to you. Check the NCAA Rules for your sport and when coaches are allowed to reach out.
- When you have a good idea of what institution you would like to attend, only then should you reach out to a coach. Emailing the coach is a good place to start.
- Coaches can reach out to you September 1 or June 15 of your junior year. The new NCAA rule pertains to all sports except D1 football, D1 men’s and women’s basketball, and D1 men’s women’s lacrosse. D1 softball college coaches can talk to athletes about the recruiting process through your club or your high school coach or a third party.
NCAA New Recruiting Rule
- Clinics and Camps: Recruits and coaches can NOT converse about the recruiting process with you before September 1 of your junior year. A coach can only say to the club or camp coaches that he or she is interested in an athlete.
- Official Visits: You can go on an official visit starting September 1 of your junior year.
- Unofficial Visits: College coaches and athletic departments are not allowed to be involved in unofficial visits. Make sure when you are on campus that you do not talk to the coach about the recruiting process. The college or coach can NOT purchase anything for you.
- Division 1 Schools– you are allowed to take official visits to 5 different schools in total from September 1 of your junior year through your dead period.
- Division 2, Division 3 and NAIA schools are unlimited.
New Football Rule Changes
- Alcohol will now be sold at events.
- College football programs can no longer allow former players to practice with their previous teams.
- The NCAA is tabling a proposed redshirt rule change that would allow true freshman to play up to four games and not burn their redshirts.
If you have any questions about the recruiting process email us at email@example.com
Handpicked For You: